Commercial kitchens must adhere to a set of safety standards that help prevent the potential for high heat in open flames to translate into deadly fires. Kitchen hood fire suppression systems must be in place and inspected on a routine basis, often semiannually. This process ensures the protection of employees and customers.
At Getz Fire Equipment Company, we understand these requirements, and we provide the services necessary to help ensure that your kitchens remain safe by certifying the safety of Ansul system components.
Kitchen fire protection systems must be inspected properly. This work must be done by a trained, factory authorized technician to ensure compliance with standards and maintaining the legitimacy of the current equipment on the system.
Prior to an inspection, it is important that staff members are aware of the date and time of the inspection. Cooking equipment should not be in use and must remain cool prior to and during the inspection. It is also important that the fire alarm be taken out of service during the time period in which an inspection is taking place.
Here is what you can expect from an authorized Ansul system inspection service provider:
- Visual inspection of layout for nozzle coverage, appliance location, duct and plenum nozzles, and surfaces
- Put the system out of service to avoid a discharge of an agent
- Checking of the pressure gauges for psi
- Verification that no tampering of the system has occurred
- Changing fusible links bi-annually as required
- Testing proper operation of micro switches, gas shutoff valves, remote pull station, and detection line
- Verify the system activation also activates fire alarm system
- Replace protective blow off caps as required
- Documenting of any issues or need for repairs
After the inspection has taken place, the service technician performing the Ansul system inspection will need to provide documentation of compliance.
These documents should include:
- A properly marked equipment service tag
- Notes regarding any discrepancies that must be addressed
- Notes that mention any repairs that were made during the inspection
- An inspection report left at the site and sent to the local fire department
At Getz Fire Equipment Company, we provide services that help ensure the safe operation of your Ansul system. Contact us today for more information about how we can help you maintain a safe commercial kitchen.