Common Exhaust Deficiencies
Common Exhaust Deficiencies For Kitchen Exhaust Systems
In order to maintain a healthy and safe restaurant kitchen environment, it is important to prevent any potential hazards from causing damage or even harm to your staff. If you fail to have kitchen exhaust cleaning services done, you could even risk the possibility of a grease fire sparked by an open flame. Here are some of the key deficiencies to look out for in order to ensure your exhaust system is running properly and safely:
- Your exhaust fan(s) are not hinged properly or not at all, as per NFPA #96, 5-1.1. Please contact our Field Representative for installation.
- Your electrical wiring is not the correct length and/or not in weatherproof cable, as per NFPA #96 5-1.1. Contact your electrical contractor to make the proper repairs prior to your next cleaning.
- Your exhaust system is not liquid tight and it may leak grease/and or water. NFPA #96 2-1.2, 4-5.2.1. Contact a local sheet metal company for repairs prior to your next cleaning.
- Your exhaust fan needs maintenance (i.e. belt, bearings, etc.). Please contact our Field Representative to schedule service.
- Your roof has excessive grease residue around the exhaust fan and roof damage may occur.
- Your exhaust system ductwork needs additional access panel(s) for cleaning purposes, as per NFPA #96 4-3.1, 4-3.4.1. Please contact our Field Representative to schedule service.
Being a member of the International Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Association, Getz Industrial Cleaning prides itself in helping keep your equipment safe, clean, and usable for years to come. Having worked in the fire, safety, and industrial cleaning industries since 1957, we service the Illinois area and beyond with the best quality and value available. Call us today to learn more about common deficiencies to look for in your exhaust system at 800-747-3473 or visit our website to request a free quote.