Fire Extinguisher Training
Helping our Customers be prepared for an emergency and comply with OSHA Requirements
Don’t be caught unprepared in the event of an emergency. Get the professional training you and your employees need to handle fire safety with proper portable fire extinguisher training in Illinois and Iowa by GETZ Fire Equipment Company.
1910.157 “Portable Fire Extinguishers”
1910.157(g) Training and education.
1910.157 (g) (1)
Where the employer has provided portable fire extinguishers for employee use in the workplace, the employer shall also provide an educational program to familiarize employees with the general principles of fire extinguisher use and the hazards involved with incipient stage fire fighting.
1910.157 (g) (2)
The employer shall provide the education required in paragraph (g) (1) of this section upon initial employment and at least annually thereafter.
1910.157 (g) (3)
The employer shall provide employees who have been designated to use fire fighting equipment as part of an emergency action plan with training in the use of the appropriate equipment.
INDOOR Classroom Training
Participants will view videotape that discusses the different classifications of fires and the proper extinguisher to use to fight fires. (Approx. 10 minutes)
The instructor will discuss:
- Extinguisher Limits – The Technique “PASS”: Pull – Aim – Squeeze – Sweep
- Choosing the Right Extinguisher – Should you fight the fire?
An optional 10 question true & false test will be given and the correct answers discussed in detail.
This a very open session where questions and discussion are welcome at all times.
OUTDOOR Hands-On Training
- Phase II Demo: Extinguish a fire in a 2’ X 4’metal pan and a 2’ X 2’ metal pan.
- Phase III Demo: Extinguish a large fire in a custom 4’ X 8’ metal pan with a vertical wall and other obstacles. Each participant will receive hands on training involving the different fire extinguishers available at their work facility and actually put out the fire.
- Optional Fires for Special Extinguishers: It is optional to demonstrate special fire extinguishers such as wheeled units, Purple K, Foam, etc.
- Your facility will receive a certificate of completion for your records.
- (VIDEO) Incipient Stage Fire Training
Proper fire extinguisher training can save lives and significant damage in an emergency situation. It’s a simple fact that most large fires that occur at local businesses in Illinois and Iowa could have been managed as they started, but due to lack of knowledge and fear, they can end in disaster. Prepare your staff with the skill and Hands-On fire extinguisher training they need to protect themselves and their workplace.